Background to BodyTalk
The BodyTalk System was developed in the 1990s by Australian acupuncturist and chiropractor Dr John Veltheim. His extensive studies of the different healing systems and philosophies of the world led him to create the BodyTalk System, taking the most fundamental principles from each and using them to create a truly holistic, all-encompassing system capable of treating a huge range of conditions.
BodyTalk has spread to over 35 countries and is taught in eight languages. There are now over 2000 practitioners across the world and it is the fastest growing healthcare system in the world!
The BodyTalk System is a supportive form of healthcare that respects the fact that the body has the ability to heal itself
but acknowledges that a lifetime of accumulated trauma and negative experiences combined with daily stresses, emotions, beliefs and environmental triggers can hinder that natural healing process.
What Happens During a BodyTalk Session?
The BodyTalk System gives the practitioner protocols to be able to assess all of the systems of the body for dysfunction. The practitioner can consult your ‘innate intelligence’ via neurological bio-feedback (muscle testing) to discover where these dysfunctions lie.
As every individual is so unique only their innate intelligence knows what is to be balanced and in what order. Therefore, using The BodyTalk System, we ask each individual body what needs balancing, so you get the treatment you need rather than the treatment the practitioner thinks you need.
Once the problem is located, an advanced Yoga technique is used which consists of light tapping on the head and then on the heart. This allows the body to communicate its needs to the brain. Because if the brain doesn’t know what is wrong it can’t activate the healing process. It has been shown that when a patient is linked up to an EEG when this treatment occurs, the parts of the brain associated with the problem areas go through a massive amount of brain wave activity.
Tapping over the sternum encourages the heart to store the “new, improved” patterns in the body’s cellular memory, so the cells can replicate with the newly corrected code instead of the old damaged patterns, thereby continuing the healing process long after the session is over.
The heart is responsible for communicating the state of the body’s health to the rest of the body through the
Clinical results have shown that once the communication systems have been re-established and the
Dr. John Veltheim, the founder of BodyTalk, ‘tapping out’ a session
Who Can BodyTalk Help?
Who can it help?
The BodyTalk System is completely safe, non-invasive and side-effect free. This makes it suitable for absolutely anyone, from an unborn baby to the elderly. Because the system works from a perspective of absolute respect for the body’s own, amazing ability to heal and repair itself, every session is
Common health problems BodyTalk can help with
- Headaches, migraines, neck and back pain
- Poor posture and coordination
- Joint pain and stiffness, injuries from trauma and sports
- Viral, bacterial, parasitic and fungal infections
- Learning disabilities and dyslexia, behavioral problems
- Allergies or intolerances to foods and other substances
- Abdominal pain and dysfunction, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation
- Hormonal and reproductive disorders, period pain and PMS
- Abnormal blood sugar levels, causing food cravings and fatigue
- Heavy metal and chemical toxicity
- TMJ dysfunction
- Eating disorders
- Fears, phobias and deep-seated emotional trauma
- Cell damage due to vaccines, antibiotics, alcohol, drugs and other poisons
- Chronic ill health
- Respiratory and circulatory malfunction
- Lymphatic disorders
How is BodyTalk unique?
BodyTalk works on a quantum level addressing the potential cause of illness and injury or life imbalance
BodyTalk is 100% safe – no harm can be done.
BodyTalk respects the body’s own needs and priorities for healing. This means that whatever comes up in a session is completely individual to each client at that point in time in their lives.
There are no medicines or manipulations. Using a variety of non-invasive techniques, the practitioner helps to re-establish better communication within the body to refocus your body’s natural healing response.
BodyTalk is Cumulative
Because your body stores the changes made by the brain during the tapping process, this means that every formula or circuit that is corrected builds on the one before. Your body actually remembers the BodyTalk sessions it receives and your healing process will continue with each additional session you have.
Your body actually remembers the BodyTalk sessions it receives and your healing process will continue with each additional session you have.
About BodyTalk in Kenya
We are dedicated to:
- Support the interest and growth of the BodyTalk System™ in Kenya
- Raise the awareness of BodyTalk in Kenya
- Make available the knowledge about this system to support rural families and communities where healthcare is not available
- To make available a low cost health care option for every community.
- Encourage, communicate and support between BodyTalk Practitioners and trainees within Kenya
- Inform of events where BodyTalk practitioners will exhibit
- Inform of BodyTalk courses in Kenya.
- Encourage and support instructors from the International BodyTalk Association when in Kenya.
International BodyTalk Foundation
Find out more about the vision and work of the IBF
- Outreach Programmes
Benefiting people who have limited or no access to healthcare of any kind
- Scientific Research
Third party studies that will document the effectiveness of the BodyTalk System ™
Follow the above link to find all certified BodyTalkers in Kenya who are members of the IBA (International BodyTalk Association)